Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Before I Die...

As usual I was supposed to be studying but was doing anything but. I was cleaning up my computer in an attempt to postpone thinking about my 3 looming midterms and I came across some old files from the summer, one being this list I made this past summer that I completely forgot about: "Things to do before I die". I know it's lame....a very junior high thing to do in capp class, but here ya go anyway, because posting this is easier than real work....skool. And plus, I recently was able to cross one off!! The others will take a bit more work.
What's on your list?

File: Things To Do Before I Die.doc

Background: List started June 2005 while sitting in the lab at NUS supposedly working. I guess at the time I felt like I was not making the most of my time there, but also simultaneously felt I was indeed “living the life that I wanted to live” and wanted to keep doing so.
Motivation: To make life more interesting. To always be pushing my personal limits. To live the life I want to live.
Goal: Try to complete at least one item a year, and always add more items. Ideally have a wide variety of items and not focus on the easy to think up ‘adventure items’.

1. Be fluent in another language (Spanish?)
2. Cycle all the way across a country (hopefully not a tiny one)
3. Travel around Central/South America
4. Trek in Nepal & Tibet
5. Go to a war torn county to see firsthand (there are reasons)
6. Bungy Jump – completed August 2005
7. Sky Dive from a plane
8. Paraglide through some mountains (Alps?)
9. Base Jump off a cliff
10. Hitchhike to some place far away
11. Go on a long bike trip, long enough to question mettle midtrip
12. See Ankor Wat
13. Do a back flip
14. Learn how to backcountry ski – completed January 2006
15. Scuba dive
16. See the pyramids (Egypt and Aztec)
17. Fall in love and stay there
18. Relearn or learn a new instrument
19. Take a year off
20. Run a marathon
21. Do another adventure race (multi-day race)
22. Fly a helicopter/plane
23. Live abroad again for more than 6-12 months
24. Have a country count higher than my age just once
25. Always be sincere (lifelong, and yes, lame)

Posted by Evan at 12:05 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home